Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Digital Content and other Web Design topics.
An interactive DVD is most widely used as a tool for video game and movie distribution. Although the acronym DVD commonly stands for "digital video disc" perhaps its other name, "digital versatile disc" is most accurate. There is a reason why the interactive DVD has virtually taken over the movie and gaming market. This is a basic list of some of the features you can input onto an interactive DVD.
• A DVD is similar to a CD with the exception of its data capacity – it is seven times more than that of a CD.
• The format of a DVD allows high quality picture with a typical resolution of 720 dots of horizontal resolution. DVD audio has the capability of sound quality much like you would find in a theater with either Dolby Digital or DTS sound.
• You can scan to various parts of a DVD without going through a menu and simply clicking a button.
• You can lace a DVD with variations of audio assigned to a particular scene, such as subtitling.
• You can add interactive features such as quizzes and animation.